Monday, January 12, 2009

Funny Story of the Day...

Actually, it's the funny story of yesterday...



Every Sunday I take care of the chiquititos (chee-kee-TEE-toes). That means the little little kids. About the ages of one to three or four. Usually there's between five and eight kids in my class. We play with playdough, sing songs, play musica instruments, read a story from the Bible, color or whatever. It's pretty fun. As long as I don't have a crying child. They drive me crazy. I'm not good at handling crying children. Just give me a crying child and I know immediately I don't have or currently want kids.



Anyways, the funny story doesn't have anything to do with that.



After I service ended, I went upstairs to see what everyone else was doing. We have the kids classes downstairs and church service upstairs. The worship team and pastor and his wife and all of their kids were all talking and hanging out at the front of the room. I walk up there and Rosi (Pastor Ricardo's wife) walks up to me with a pair of scissors in hand. I knew exactly what this meant. All summer she had been bothering me to give her some of my hair. Always half joking and always with a big smile on her face. I though she was just kidding at first but she was serious. Instead of saying yes or no, everytime she would ask, I would say, "Tomorrow". (I learned that little trick from Rick!) But this time there was no getting around it. So, I sat down in the the front pew of the church...and she cut it! It wasn't too much. Probably a quarter inch square. That sounds like kind of a lot, huh? After she cut it, she ran down to her house, hot glued the top end together and put it right in her hair! It was so weird to see all of them handing this long piece of my hair around and saying how pretty it looked on her. So weird!



But that got me thinking...maybe I can sell my hair! I'm thinking it's a pretty good idea...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, random that you let someone cut your hair and glue it on, but cool. Maybe you can get an agent for that? ANyways, keep up the work.