Thursday, November 20, 2008

Saltwater Showers and Street Parades

Today was another interesting day in Mexico.

We woke up to another day of no water. I didn't take a shower yesterday or the day before so I decided that this was not going to happen again. I needed a shower. So we went to Agua Caliente (a name of one of the beaches) because I knew there was a campground there that would let us use their showers. But there's a catch. It's saltwater. And it's a little chilly. But I am now clean.

On the way home we ran into a slight problem. There was a parade blocking about a mile of the highway live on and that we need to take to get home. It was a huge parade for the Mexican Independence Day. There were thousands of people in the street. Cheerleaders, gymnasts, old ladies tossing around a volleyball, a drumline, 20 or 30 NICE classic cars and trucks, children dressed in Mexican "revolutionary" clothing, semi-trucks full of high school kids and live bands, horses, and so much more. We saw less than half of the parade go by. Before the parade started we were just walking down the street and looking at everyone in the street waiting to start. At one point, Kourtney said, "I think we're drawing more attention than the parade." We get a lot of funny looks around here and that's not going to change. But I find it pretty funny sometimes. Below are some pictures of the parade from our balcony. It started right outside the Second Floor.







After the saltwater showers and the Mexican parade, I spent the rest of my day doing my Spanish homework. I have so much more to learn. Slow and steady wins the race!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dios te bendiga Hermana! found this site on accident, have fun in Mexico..www.nicaraguaartmissions.blogspot.com