Monday, November 24, 2008

My Weekend

This past weekend was eventful as every day is here. On Saturday, Casey, Kourtney and I went to have a late breakfast with my Spanish teacher, Laura. She is such a sweet lady who loves to talk and laugh and get to know people and she tells it how it is. We had pancakes, yogurt, eggs, bacon, tamales, juice and coffee. Much like the States. Except the tamales. We ended up staying about three and a half hours just because we were having such a good time. Laura and her family are also going to have Thanksgiving with us at Rick and Tammie's house. Please pray that we will show the love and grace of Christ to her. She grew up in the Catholic church here in Mexico but was disenchanted with the legalism and was very hurt. This relationship God has developed between Laura and her family and Rick and Tammie and us interns is really neat and exciting.

After breakfast we went to Walmart to buy a gift for a baby shower. Saturday night we hosted a baby shower here at the Second Floor for Mary (Francisco's wife). Rossy and Mini (a woman from Mary's church) decorated the Second Floor with balloons and table cloths and baby shower signs and it looked really nice. The down side was that not many people showed up. But we still had a lot of fun and blessed Mary and her baby on the way. It's a boy and his name is going to be Francisco. Just like his daddy.

Sunday was church, of course. Rossy asked if I would take the little kids (ages 2 and 3) while she took the big ones. There were five of them and we went in the downstairs of the church. We colored and played with toy instruments and I read them a story and sang a song. Kourtney said they could here me talking upstairs. I hope they didn't hear me singing! I had a fun with them.

And I would write more but I have to go to class in 25 minutes and just realized I didn't do my homework!!!

Love you guys!

No comments: